DFA Says No Travel Ban for Filipinos to South Korea, but Better to Delay Travel

The Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila says there is no travel ban to South Korea for Filipinos. This is despite the increasing number of Covid 19 infection cases in the country.


DFA released a statement on Sunday, February 23, stating that it has already coordinated with various Filipino communities in South Korea. As of writing, no Filipino has been reported to be infected with the virus. Also, the Embassy of the Philippines in Seoul has advised our fellow Filipinos to follow the health advisories given by the Korean authorities.

Spraying disinfectant on Sunday at a market in Daegu, the southeastern city where many of South Korea’s coronavirus infections have been confirmed.
Disinfectant spraying at a Daegu Market, where the sudden spike of Covid 19 have been confirmed -
Yonhap, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images


In addition, although no travel ban has been placed, DFA has asked Filipinos who wish to travel to the country to delay their visit. 

South Korea has seen an increased number of cases lately after a series of infections happened in one religious sector in Daegu just last week. In fact, South Korean President Moon Jae In said that the government has now raised its alert level on Covid 19 to the highest because of this incident.

As of Sunday, confirmed corona virus cases has jumped to 602 and already, 5 deaths from the infection.

For Filipinos who need to contact the Philippine Embassy in South Korea in cases of emergency, you may contact them at (+82) 10-9263-8119. 



Source: ABS-CBN News